Thursday, March 4, 2010

thankful

When I left my previous work with a humanitarian NGO, I vowed to myself that I would never quit doing humanitarian work - even after I've quit doing it as a full-time job.

But alas, it is easy to 'forget' to volunteer when its not part of your daily routine. I have so many plans to do this and that with this organisation or that center that now I feel embarassed that none of them have yet to materialise.

Fortunately though, I am thankful and utterly glad that at least one was completed and this one exceeded my expectations! My plan was to raise fund for my wheelchair-bound friend to purchase a new wheelchair as his current one is already starting to fall apart. Thank God, it has been quite an easy path for us with this project as after approaching Universiti Hospital, they have also agreed to sponsor the purchase provided that we pay for the first RM 1,000 of the price of the item.

Hence, I immediately started my fundraising campaign in early January to raise RM 1,000 so we can expedite the purchase before this friend of mine's wheelchair falls apart. And after 2 months, alhamdulillah, our fund now has reached RM 1,250 and by the looks of it more are coming in! This is just proof that if you look and try hard enough, you will see that Malayisa is blessed with beautiful and precious angels.

To all the angels, God bless you and Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Hugs n kisses,

Hana n Hazrin

No comments:

Post a Comment