Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A whole lot of Bo(o)sh!

I am looking for a new recipe for my sandwiches. I figured I can't be eating the same chicken sandwich for lunch every single day. I'm sure to get sick of it and wouldn't want that to happen because by then I'd probably swear of chicken sandwiches for the rest of my life! Although I do have a habit of eating the same food everyday if I happen to like it. I remember when I was studying I was crazy about this Yong Tau Foo shop located in Ampang. At that time, I was staying with friends in Kajang but that didn't deter me from having dinner in that shop every night! Can you imagine driving from Kajang to Ampang (that's about a 40-minute drive) and back just to eat the same food. But I did it anyway, coz' I'm crazy. Then after about 2 months or so, I got sick of it I stayed away from that place for about 2 years. I don't want that to happen this time coz' i kinda like eating sandwiches for my lunches on the account that they're easy to prepare and quite cheap. Not to forget, they're quite healthy too. Well, at least healthier than most normal food I consume (i.e; nasi lemak, nasi campur).

On another note, I've been very forgetful lately. I'm wondering is it because of the drastic change in my working environment? It used to be that I'd enter the office and would be seated at my desk for the whole day just trying to clear off my work (which kept piling up more and more). Now with my new job, it is totally different. My work load is bearable, I even have time to surf the net (i.e.; Facebook, Gmail, this blog). Sigh, life is good now.Ngee.

Now what did I want to write about earlier? Oh yes, me being forgetful. (See?). So yesterday evening I went to the gym after work and after changing and running on the treadmill, I decided to call it an early night and just head back home. Just as I was climbing the stairs to head for the changing room, I realised that I didn't have my locker key with me. Gasp!! My first thought was, "My IPod and my handphone and my wallet are all in the bag in the locker!" I sped to the changing room and saw the locker, which I thought was mine, was locked. Immediately, I went down and searched high and low for my key, retracing the steps I took earlier. I was also trying to recall if I did pin it to my track suit (which I usually do) or at least put it in my pocket but I couldn't remember a thing. Then I realised, maybe I didn't take the key out of the locker at all. That is an even worse scenario! But of course, that's just what happened. Apparently, after chucking all my stuff into the locker, I forgot to lock it with the key dangling from the locker. Yes, what the hell was I thinking??! Luckily, I didn't lose anything, phewwww... Sheesh, I gotta get a hold of myself or I'll start losing my valuables. I'm pretty sure that this isn't the first time for this week that I forgot something but like I said earlier, I'm forgetful now, so I really can't remember the other incidences.

Oh it's lunchtime now, gonna eat my chicken sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment