Wednesday, January 27, 2010

IPod Woes / My IPod is haunted / Sour Apple

I've always had reservations at buying an Apple product. I personally think that their products are overrated and overpriced. Once, I went for an interview for a very prominent publication and as part as the job application process, I was required to write a brief passage about a product. I thought,”That's easy... I've done that so many times! " ... until they led me to a Mac desktop and plunked me there for half an hour to work on my assignment. As I was typing my words, I tried to 'right-click' the page because I wanted to perform simple amendments to my writing and I found out there is no such thing as a 'right-click'. There's only one click! And so I had to learn there and then which buttons performed what and where to find other functions on the tabs above the page. jfkjd!#@)#*!


Last month was quite a whirlwind of a month for me for reasons I won’t divulge now … maybe much later on, once I've fully recovered. Now, you must know this about me – I am an emotional shopper. When I'm feeling down and low, often times I find that a little purchase never fail to take me out of my misery. Unfortunately, the moment never lasts longer than the novelty of owning the product (which pretty much wears out pretty quickly) and the purchase is never little! To make a long story short, last month I (accidentally) purchased an IPod Touch 32G via the Apple online store. After waiting for a whole week, it finally arrived in a little box. I'll give a ten out of ten  for the packaging coz' it’s really smooth, I tell ya. After unwrapping it, I continued to download the songs and applications onto the little wonderful gadget, smiling all the way. I tried really hard not to be annoyed at the fact that you can only download inputs through ITunes! No, no, even that failed to spoil my mood. I was intent at keeping my gaiety intact!


But alas, my patience wore out when the gadget started to have one tiny other problem. For example, when I’m asleep with my IPod next to me, I would be waken up in the middle of the  night because I hear this faint music playing from my IPod. My first thoughts were that I must’ve accidentally unlocked the IPod and touched the play button while I was asleep. Very unlikely, I know, but I had to give it the benefit of the doubt. But this happened every night! And sometimes when I'm walking or reading, no matter what, if I leave it to sleep, it will out of the blue just play music. I swear to God I thought I was going crazy but fortunately I found a thread in an Apple discussion forum and this ghost IPod phenomena is not an uncommon problem after all.


Sigh, so now my IPod is with the technicians in Machines KLCC and if they can’t fix it, I’d have to wait for another month to get a replacement. Sheez, I never thought that my first experience with an Apple product would be a bitter one. :-(

Now am contemplating if I should go ahead with my Macbook Pro purchase. Should I? 



No comments:

Post a Comment