Friday, January 29, 2010

No pain, no gain

After a one year hiatus, I, yesterday after work,  finally visited my kickboxing studio . Gosh, I had to literally drag myself up the stairs! Actually, it wasn't really a hiatus because I did went for training once in a while but considering that I used to work out every SINGLE DAY, I'd say the one year was like taking a break.

There weren't many people in the studio when I came but that's a norm for this time of the year. You know, its the beginning of the year, people are still recovering from the holiday period and all. So I decided to start my training by running up and down the stairs for ten rounds. Now, my studio is located on the third floor so you know THAT wasn't easy...

I was going steady for the first five rounds, sweating profusely but not feeling out of breath or anything. This is no surprise as I used to this kinda of thing back in 2008. At that time, I was fit as hell, I could go for 20 rounds with ease, plus I did it WHILE gossiping with another studio mate. That was how fit I was, talking and laughing up and down three flights of stairs for 20 times.

So for yesterday, after the fifth round I found it harder and harder to climb the stairs especially the last few steps. It was as if my butt was weighing me down. I had to use all the strength I had to lift up my legs and complete a round. After about the eighth round, I was ready to give up but I thought how shameful it was to quit when you have only 2 rounds left. So, I managed to complete all of it anyway, yeay!

After that, I did some light exercises like squats, sit ups (this I managed to do about 200, so proud, ngeee) and thought, "Should I go up the stairs again for another 10 sets? "

You see, I was feeling guilty because that morning I ate a packet of nasi lemak! I know I have this healthy eating programme going on but I woke up late and didn't have time to prepare my lunch, let alone breakfast. And throughout the whole day I felt like kicking myself for eating the nasi lemak.

Hence, to redeem myself, I dragged myself again down the stairsand pushed myself for another ten sets of up and down three flights of stairs. Boy, was I really tired after that! (Note to self: think very very very hard before grabbing that nasi lemak from the pakcik in front of the office the next time.)

Tonight is even crazier coz' I'm attempting to execute in excess of 40 kicks per minute for three minutes straight for 5 sets in an hour - for six hours. Thats:

(>40 x 3) x 5 sets x 6 hours = more than 3,600 kicks!

But really thats nothing coz' in 2008 I executed 40 kicks per minute for three minutes straight for 5 sets in an hour for 6 hours x 2. That's about 7,200 kicks in 24 hours, so tonight is gonna be kacang je ( I hope).

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what I'm willing to go through to manage my weight. Funny this because after all this, I've yet to reach a healthy, super rocking body shape anyway! arghgghhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment