Thursday, January 28, 2010

Its never too late

Its never too late to set resolutions. So here goes:

  1. Quit smoking
    • Its ironic because now that I've decided to seriously cut this habit, I always get seated at the smoking section in restaurants because that's the only place available. When I was a smoker, I remembered how difficult it was to be seated at the smoking area'! For example, I went to Delicious in Bangsar for lunch with Ya last weekend and we could only get seats at the smoking area. It was practically empty! Don't try to make this harder for me ok, God? pretty please...
  2. Lose more weight
    • I achieved my goal weight in 2008 through 6 months of healthy eating and intensive kickboxing training but unfortunately I gained some of it back though fortunately not all. But I'm afraid if I keep on with my current diet (which is what you all normally eat la, nothing unhealthy) and skip on my trainings I'd be piling up my pounds back to what I was in 2007. I was the heaviest at that time and I soooo don't want to go back there. Must...go... training.........must........start...arghh....today!
  3. Do not skip my  kickboxing trainings! 
    • As I mentioned, THIS is essential in my routine not only because of the losing-weight factor but also because I find that after a gap of non-training period, my mood swings get really terrible. I am such in a bad temper these days, I could shout at anyone for the littlest silliest things.
  4. Produce a documentary
    • I was inspired by my good and much loved friend and colleague Maria when I saw her documentary about students in Indonesia and their difficulty in procuring books because of financial difficulties. I have to admit that tear welled up in my eyes after I watched it. And after a lengthy conversation with her (at a salon in Jakarta, while I was waiting for the colour to set in my hair and she for her massage, hehe) I was compelled to do one in Malaysia as well. Believe you me, it is not an easy job but it is a challenge that I am willing to take up for this year. Wish me luck! 
  5. Volunteer
    • I want to do more social work this year because there are just so many people out there who needs a helping hand and I am more than capable to do just that.
I don't think the list is over ambitious so I have a good feeling I'd manage to fulfill all of them this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment