Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rewrite, repost, reality bites. Ouch!

The problem with trying to post an entry via blackberry is that you can accidentally delete it when you are trying to send it to your page. Damn, whilst standing in front of Kinokuniya, I wrote a long entry on the list of books that I saw in the book store that I wanted to buy but gathered the courage to put all of them down because I knew I had so many unfinished books waiting at home - and that post just disappeared into thin air. wth!

Ok, ok so here are the books that almost made it on to my new shelves at home :

  1. Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Love In The Time of Cholera
  2. Roald Dahl's  Going Solo
  3. Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina
  4. (I can't remember this one) 
  5. Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns 
I wanted to get (no.1 - 4) coz they were available in Penguin's paperback version, which meant they were slightly cheaper than the other versions. As for no. 5, I was captivated by the story and the way his first book was written (I cried throughout the book, sob sob) that I just had to have it first (read later).

But as I mentioned, I managed to suck it all in and remind myself that UNTIL I finish the books I am currently reading at home (or work, what-have-you), I would NOT buy anymore books. Hmmphh, I'm so proud of myself.

Incidentally, if you have books that you no longer want, do drop them at Kinokuniya so they can pass it on for others to read (and share your wonderful experience!). This is being done in collaboration with UNICEF. Hooray to reading!

2 comments:

  1. I cried reading no 5 too! for me, lagi sedey dari the kite runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku ada A Thousand Splendid Suns tapi belum bacaaaaa jugakkkk..

    ReplyDelete