Friday, June 18, 2010

Blonde moment

I have a story to tell and it goes like this:

One time I was driving back home from a hectic day at work. As I reached the first toll, I remembered that my SMART TAG device's batteries were running low and contemplated entering the Touch N Go lane instead. As I was really tired from the day's work, I really wasn't in the mood to stop, wind down the window, tap the card, wind up the window and then drive away. Yes, I was THAT tired.

So in a matter of a split second I made the decision to brave through the SMART TAG lane and hoped that my device was still working. But just as luck had it, the barrier did not lift up. "Shit", I thought, "don't tell me the batteries are dead". But that shouldn't be the case because my Smart Tag device was blinking, signaling that the batteries were still usable. I started to drive back and forth and back and forth, thinking that the sensor did not capture my device (all the while holding the device high in the air, out the window, above my car). I sighed a breath of relief when I saw one of the staff walking towards my car as I thought he should be able to help. As he approached my car, he smiled and said to me, " Kak, ni lane 'Touch N Go' .....bukan 'SMART TAG'". Suffice to say my face went completely red as I tapped the card on the machine and drove away as fast as I could.

It didn't help that when I told my boyfriend about the incident, he laughed and jokingly said, "Mak aih, dumb blonde nye you!". Siot btul! 

Have you had any of these moments? .... C'mon now ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment