Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Conversations in the sauna

Scene 1
As I entered the sauna ... 

Woman: Come in, come in..join me!
Woman: .....yesss.. kita kasi keluar semua peluh ni .. all the toxic2 .. and burn the fat ....
Me: (angguk and senyum je lah)
Woman: This is equivalent to doing 100 lunges, 100 step ups..squats .. ..bla blaa bla 
Me (thinking): Wah, that easy ke to burn fat ?? aih, mcm tipu jek makcik .... 
Woman: ..bla bla bla bla bla bla ....this is another way la to burn fat... that's what Mohan told me ...
Me (thinking): kayy..and who is Mohan again..?


Scene 2

Woman 1: Haishh.. Panas ek ....!  (sambil tutup muka dgn towel)
Woman 2: Ha ah, this one dry, tak sama macam tadi dalam steam room tu ...
Woman 1: Hmm...... tadi steam, sekarang grill...tinggal nak letak pepper and seasoning jek....

Tapi yg paling sakit hati skali  dengar....

Scene 3 

As I was laying and relaxing on the bench, enter two mid-twenties girls.
 
Girl 1: I pun tak tau la kenapa.. Takat ni dah 3 org ajak I kawen tapi sume I tolak .... 
Girl 2: I pun macam ni je lah .. kerja, gym, makan tido.. kadang2 husband I balik keje penat jek ye lah sbb asyik meeting je kan .. 
Girl 1: My ex-boyfriend pun dah berapa kali ajak I kawen tapi ntah la .. 
Girl 2: I kadang2 bosan lah duduk rumah sorang, semenjak kawen ni ... 
.......bla bla bla bla bla bla bla pot pet pot pet  ........


Contrary to popular belief, the sauna is not going to help you burn fat, nor is it a place where you talk about your marriage life (or the lack of)! It is in fact, largely used for relaxation and therapy for your body, especially after a hard day's work or a vigorous work out at the gym. As such, conversations like in Scene 3 is highly unappreciated by patrons like yours truly. Hmmmpph!

No comments:

Post a Comment