Monday, June 14, 2010

busy saturday

I managed to squeeze in 3 events on Saturday to meet friends that mean the world to me =) The first was to a wedding of my precious girlfriend whom I've not met in quite a while since she went to the States to study. To her, I wish all the best and that my prayers are with her and hubby for a long lasting loving relationship! H*lena dear, you are an inspiration to me and I am so grateful to have you as a friend in my life.

Next, I went to visit another good friend (from school) who just gave birth to a gorgeous handsome baby boy. It was so surreal to hold him in my arms. Yayee, your baby boy is gonna break so many girls' hearts hehehe

Thereafter, rushed to a get-together hosted by another school mate at her apartment to also visit her now-4-month-old beautiful baby girl. This one is another cutie and will surely get heads turning once she grows older. :) The get-together had a potluck theme to it hence we were all required to bring food or drinks for everyone to enjoy. With me being broke and all, I rummaged through the contents of my fridge, the  night before, looking for whatever I can use to cook up a (storm, chewah!) decent spread. And, voila (!!) this is the result:



I call it baked chicken à la cincai kitchen goddess (because the ingredients were cincai and the latter is what I'd like to think of myself! aiseh, a girl can dream, can't she? =) )
By the way, you see that burnt gravy-like layer under the pieces of chicken? Thats caramelised honey...nyummm.. (hint hint for ingredient).

P/s: I think it turned out ok as only 2 pieces were left when we finished and by the time I got home, it just vanished into thin air (must've been my brother and the lil' ones)

No comments:

Post a Comment