Tuesday, June 29, 2010

lovestruck

I can't wait to watch this:


I’ve watched every episode of every season (only God knows how many times) and know all four characters like my life depended on them! Haha, I know it sounds a bit exaggerated but I swear that its true..

However, despite my fanaticism for the tv series, I have to say that the first movie was a slight disappointment. I thought that the girls were too ‘dressed up-ish’ and lacked the ‘realness’ that they so successfully weaved into the glitz and glamour of the tv series. But hey, who am I to complain? I still loved it ! ;)

My favourite part from the movie has to be the part where Carrie reads a love letter to Mr. Big, written by Beethoven, from the (non-existent) book “Love Letters of Great Men”.

This, I dedicate to my other half: 

Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us -
     I can live only wholly with you or not at all -
     Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits -
     Yes, unhappily it must be so -
     You will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you. No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never -
     Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves.
     And yet my life in V is now a wretched life -
     Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men -
     At my age I need a steady, quiet life - can that be so in our connection?
     My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once -
     Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together -
     Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell.
     Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
     ever thine
     ever mine
     ever ours

L

 
- H

No comments:

Post a Comment